Monday, February 18, 2008

Hazy shades of purple, green, and gold…

Because I’m a procrastinator and wait so long to do things, like blogging, my memories grow hazy and distant. In hindsight, I should have carried a notebook and wrote about each individual parade immediately after.

Because I’m a procrastinator AND a slacker, I didn’t, relying instead on my memory.

Clearly, the old noggin’ ain’t what it used to be.

Now it seems that Mardi Gras was all one long parade that lasted for days and days, each individual one blending into the next, creating a different shade within the same picture.

It’s a shame that my own laziness (coupled with exhaustion) has rendered me unable to recall every detail of each parade and do it justice, but I just can’t. Mardi Gras seems like ages ago, though it was just a few weeks. I’m already planning for next year and trying to decide how I’m going to use my beads to decorate my new apartment.

I’ll do my best to pay homage to each and every parade, but I make no promises.

No comments: